This month’s Mom of the Month is Ashley Wood! A mom to sweet Howard, our instructors described her as someone who is "vibrant and tough and always makes the class smile!" They added that she is "a thoughtful mama (who) works to get all she can out of her workout on good days and bad."
We are so happy to have her in Our Village! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself on the blog this week, Ashley!
1. Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides?
Having a community of moms to go along with on the beautiful and sometimes hard journey of motherhood
3. What do you remember about your first Stroller Strides class?
I remember being immediately thankful that I found a way to exercise without worrying about leaving my son in childcare that he despised!!
4. What motivates you to exercise?
Exercise makes me feel good. It gives me energy and clarity.
5. What is your favorite part about being a mom?
Getting to snuggle and kiss and love on my little man.
6. What is your favorite thing to do when your little one is napping?
I like to tackle all the chores of the day so I can be fully able to my little one when he's awake.
7. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
Go on "exploration" walks and watch our little one discover new things.
8. What is something about you that someone may not know?
I love to garden.
9. What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food?
This is so hard. Healthy - Homemade Kale Chips
Unhealthy - chocolate ice cream, I mean caramel anything, I mean chocolate fudge, I mean....
10. What is your favorite color?
11. If you had an all-expenses paid trip anywhere you wanted, where would you go and who would you take with you?
These are hard questions! My husband and I want to tour Italy. I'd love to go there with all my family and eat eat eat!!!
12. What is your favorite song or who is your favorite artist?
First let me preface this with...I'm from the South. My all time favorite song is "When you say nothing at all" by Allison Krause. Ok now go listen to it and laugh at me. I know! I know! I don't have a favorite artists, is that weird?
13. What TV shows are you currently watching?
We gave up cable years ago so we are currently catching up on Big Bang Theory Seasons on DVDs.
14. Any advice for other moms out there?
Stick close to other moms. We need each other. Motherhood has been the most beautiful and hardest thing I've ever done. I feel God has given me such great mom friends and community through groups like stroller strides to help me in those hard times!