This month we are putting the spotlight on Lauren M.! She joined us almost one year ago and we're so glad she did! She always has a smile and can make us laugh! We are so lucky to have her and her great family in Our Village!
1. Where are you from originally?
I'm originally from Saratoga Springs, NY, but we moved here from Chicago last August.
2. What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides?
The Moms! I love getting a chance to work out, but getting to pair that with good company who know what a crazy ride motherhood is just can't be beat :) Mental health & squats all in one.
3. What do you remember about your first Stroller Strides class?
Meeting other great moms and feeling really, really sore the next day (thank you!.
4. What motivates you to exercise?
Chasing my kids around is a great reminder about how much motherhood can be a contact, full body sport. Also, it feels great to fit into my prebaby clothes.
5. What is your favorite part about being a mom?
Watching my kids learn things on their own. I love watching them explore the world and getting to see their little brains work. Also, getting to be with them while they discover things like Smores for the first time!
6. What is your favorite thing to do when your little one is napping?
Stare at the wall. Seriously, I like to just focus on my breath for 5 mins. It feels amazing.
7. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
We love getting out onto the W & OD trail. We just got a bike trailer and are excited to test it out.
8. What is something about you that someone may not know?
I was an actress in Chicago for several years before I had kids. My husband and I met doing theatre. He was the Mad Hatter to my Alice in Wonderland. Probably still true, but we don't do any theatre currently.
9. What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food?
Mangos & dark chocolate.
10. What is your favorite color?
11. If you had an all-expenses paid trip anywhere you wanted, where would you go and who would you take with you?
I'd want to go to Norway (we have friends we'd love to visit) and I'd take my husband.
12. What is your favorite song or who is your favorite artist?
Josh Ritter, Girl in the War
13. What TV shows are you currently watching?
Can't wait for Stranger Things Season 2
14. Any advice for other moms out there?
If I remember to take pictures during the day, I'm always so grateful. Watching them at night gives me a bit more time to reflect on how fast they're growing and how lucky I am to get to be their mom.