This month’s Mom of the Month is Rhea Kyna! A mom to sweet Olivia, our instructors described her as “positive, smiling, and always attentive to Olivia.” They added that she is “always hard working and never complains no matter what (we) throw at her.”
We are so happy to have her in Our Village! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself on the blog this week, Rhea!
1. Where are you from originally?
I am originally from Oxon Hill, Maryland (National Harbor).
2. What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides?
I love Stroller Strides because I am able to exercise and still care for my daughter. And how the exercises involve the kids by singing along to tickling their feet.
3. What do you remember about your first Stroller Strides class?
I really did not know what to expect but I do remember how empowering it was to work out with a group of moms pushing their babies in strollers!
4. What motivates you to exercise?
To be able to fit back into my jeans from eating comfort foods.
5. What is your favorite part about being a mom?
I have so many favorites of being a mom from seeing the excitement of discoveries Liv has on a daily basis, seeing her grow into her own personality, hearing her giggle and of course her hugs and kisses!
6. What is your favorite thing to do when your little one is napping?
I try to relax but I always find myself doing work.
7. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
We have been on a dancing kick with the Just Dance video game. Liv loves to dance!
8. What is something about you that someone may not know?
I camped out for a Chick-fil-A opening to win free meals for a year.
9. What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food?
My favorite healthy food is eggplant omelette and my favorite unhealthy food is banana pudding.
10. What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is green (dark emerald green to army green)
11. If you had an all-expenses paid trip anywhere you wanted, where would you go and who would you take with you?
I love the serenity of beaches so I would cruise through the Eastern Caribbean with my family.
12. What is your favorite song or who is your favorite artist?
It is so hard to pick just one! Lately it is an artist called Logic.
13. What TV shows are you currently watching?
Housewives of Atlanta, OC, New Jersey (yup trashy tv! it's so entertaining)
14. Any advice for other moms out there?
Don't compare yourself to others. You know what is best for you and your family.