This month’s Mom of the Month is Megan O’Shaughnessy! A mom to sweet Hudson (with a little one on the way), our instructors described her as “the first one to challenge herself with a red band,” “steady and strong — always ready with a friendly chat or extra burpee,” and “a great example for new moms.”
We are so happy to have her in Our Village! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself on the blog this week, Megan!
1. Where are you from originally?
Clifton, VA- so just a 30 minute drive from Ashburn
2. What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides?
I love starting my day with a good workout, and then being able to have Hudson with me is great. I know he loves the playgroups afterwards, especially in the winter months when it’s harder to get out!
3. What do you remember about your first Stroller Strides class?
I came to the Fall class last year and remember thinking how hard the arm exercises and lunges were. I’d been running with Hudson up until that point but strength training had been totally overlooked.
4. What motivates you to exercise?
I played a lot of sports growing up, so it’s always been something I love to do, it’s a huge stress reliever for me. Now that Hudson is here, I want to set a good example for him so he wants to get out running and playing and not sitting inside all day.
5. What is your favorite part about being a mom?
I love making him laugh. He’s developed such a fun sense of humor and he can make me smile every day. I also love watching him learn about the world around him- it’s amazing the changes I can see in him over just a month!
6. What is your favorite thing to do when your little one is napping?
I usually have to work while he’s napping, but occasionally I get to take a break and catch up on some reading/trashy tv. I also usually gchat with my best friend during naps.
7. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
We like to be outside, so going to parks, going on hikes, going to the pool when it’s nice outside.
8. What is something about you that someone may not know?
I was working towards being an adoption lawyer all through college, but gave it up for love when I met my husband.
9. What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food?
Healthy- raspberries. Unhealthy- sugar filled lattes and baked goods. All baked goods.
10. What is your favorite color?
Go light green
11. If you had an all-expenses paid trip anywhere you wanted, where would you go and who would you take with you?
I would go with my husband and my older future children who are well behaved and can eat in restaurants on a whole summer long trip to Europe.
12. What is your favorite song or who is your favorite artist?
13. What TV shows are you currently watching?
The Walking Dead, Scream Queens, and Grey’s Anatomy
14. Any advice for other moms out there?
Enjoy all the little moments, I miss all of the sleepy baby cuddles and know I’ll miss the baby giggles soon.