We are so happy to share our September Mom of the Month, Kelly D.! Kelly joined Our Village almost one year ago! She is the sweetest mama with the biggest smile! We have loved seeing her daughter hit some major milestones over the past year and can't wait to welcome her newest workout buddy in December! Here's your chance to learn a little more about Kelly :)
1. Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides?
It is a GREAT start to my day! I can definitely tell all day when it's been a successful morning at SS.
3. What do you remember about your first Stroller Strides class?
I had just moved here from Chicago ( hadn't unpacked more than half the house) and I told my husband I was going to work out with some other moms. His initial reaction was, "with Layla?" I laughed and said I guess so! I had the most warm welcome to class and felt so included. I was even invited to coffee after! I had seriously never been so (mom) excited to meet friends! Oh...and I was SO sore the next day!
4. What motivates you to exercise?
The instant feeling. I love when my endorphins release from a good workout and getting a good sweat out!
5. What is your favorite part about being a mom?
Whoa..tough question! I love being able to teach Layla things and see her transform into such a beautiful little girl right before my eyes!
6. What is your favorite thing to do when your little one is napping?
Currently being pregnant...nap too!
7. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
We love being all together! Meaning when Ella, our German Shepherd can join too! So this means going on walks and playing at the park!
8. What is something about you that someone may not know?
I am obsessed with the smell of dogs paws (it's weird I know!)
9. What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food?
Healthy- spinach & raspberry smoothie
Unhealthy- Where do I begin....cookies, cupcakes, ice cream, and anything peanut butter!
10. What is your favorite color?
Unsure...but love the mix of fall colors
11. If you had an all-expenses paid trip anywhere you wanted, where would you go and who would you take with you?
I would travel Europe renting unique homes and explore with my entire family! (Of course to try all the beverages/food they have!)
12. What is your favorite song or who is your favorite artist?
I like music that brings happiness and the joy on Layla's face when she hears "If you're happy and you know it..."
Overall I enjoy country music!
13. What TV shows are you currently watching?
I don't really watch TV...but since it hasn't been on in a few years I just started season 3 of Eric & Jessie
14. Any advice for other moms out there?
Don't wish away any time or stage no matter how hard it is...they grow WAY TOO fast!