Our October Mom of the Month is Laura Fries! She is mom to sweet David Thomas and is anxiously awaiting a baby GIRL! We have loved having Laura (and her family) in Our Village for almost TWO years and we can't wait to welcome her newest Stroller Strider soon! Today we get to learn a little more about Laura!
1. Where are you from originally?
2. What is your favorite thing about Stroller Strides?
Getting a great workout while chatting with other moms and meeting new friends. I also like the playgroups and activities after class.
3. What do you remember about your first Stroller Strides class?
It was my first workout post baby and I was incredibly sore the next day, especially my legs. I also remember how friendly and welcoming everyone was, I knew I would come back for more classes.
4. What motivates you to exercise?
Exercising (especially swimming) has always been a big part of my life and I love the feeling after a great workout.
5. What is your favorite part about being a mom?
I love everything about being a mom, especially all of the snuggles and seeing my son learn so many new things everyday.
6. What is your favorite thing to do when your little one is napping?
Right now, take a nap too since baby #2 is due next month. I also like to cook dinner during nap time because it is much faster and less messy without help from a busy toddler.
7. What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
Go to the beach! We go to Charleston, SC frequently and love spending time on the beach as a family.
8. What is something about you that someone may not know?
My favorite fall family tradition (if you can call something started last year a tradition) is picking a big pumpkin to make a “Thankful Pumpkin.” The Thankful Pumpkin goes on our kitchen table and each night before dinner, everyone shares something they are thankful for and writes it on the pumpkin. It’s a great way to celebrate the many things we are thankful for leading up to Thanksgiving.
9. What is your favorite healthy and unhealthy food?
Healthy - all fruit, especially watermelon and strawberries
Unhealthy - ice cream, chocolate peanut butter and coffee are my favorite flavors.
10. What is your favorite color?
11. If you had an all-expenses paid trip anywhere you wanted, where would you go and who would you take with you?
Probably Australia with my husband and family. I was there in college and love the culture, laid back life style, natural beauty, and friendly people.
12. What is your favorite song or who is your favorite artist?
Tough to pick just one. I love country music both old and new.
13. What TV shows are you currently watching?
Just the news, I don't watch much tv.
14. Any advice for other moms out there?
If you have a little one without teeth yet, or just a few teeth, gently rub their gums everyday with a washcloth. I hear it helps make teeth brushing easier down the road. (I'm writing this just after a a battle over teeth brushing with an almost 2 year old!)